colour from Fir cones and Birch tree


This was still from before the Winter that I found  Fir tree cones and Silver Birch tree bark. I have always wanted to pull away some Birch tree bark and this time the girls helped me. They find it fascinating too what the colour will be this time. They are keen to know the colours and to help me once in a while, but I hope once they grow older that they will be creative with the materials around them too.

When hiking on Sundays I was lucky to find Fir tree cones and Silver Birch tree bark. The colours didn't come out so good as I expected but I was happy to see that the Fir cones and even the Silver Birch tree turned the fabric slightly pink. Next time I will try to pre-treat my fabric with Alum, this time I used soya milk.



Comments

Popular Posts