First post !



Welcome and thank you for reading my very first blog post on my new blog. This blog will be about my journey to focusing more on conscious living and simplifying my life. I will share my visual treasures and document my daily life and everything else that has to do with consciousliving and simplifying. You can read more here.

With my new super exciting business AFKES i hope to inspire others by giving workshops and if needed I can help others on their way to style and simplify their homes. The amazing Martine from Omstebeurt designed my website and I would love to know what you think!



 Why I changed from afkes.nl to afkes.com

I have always dreamed of moving to a different country. As a third culture kid I was already used to moving to different countries. I moved to Holland 14 years ago to study with the intention to go back to Africa. Something else happened instead. I met my husband Jan, we married,we had three beautiful  children..and so it never happened. Then when we never expected it to happen, but we still really wanted to, we got the chance to move to Canada!! Yes, I lived there too and Canada is just like Africa ;) NOT.

We are very excited to start this adventure and to start a new life in Canada with our three children. Taking this adventure isn’t only exciting though; it’s also very difficult because of many reasons. My sister send me this quote a while ago:

 // Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations //

As a Christian and just because of who I am, I believe we shouldn’t be afraid to take huge steps in life because it will only hold us back.



Comments

  1. Hey wat tof. Ziet er prachtig uit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wat leuk je reactie Alet! Ja terug bij blogspot en met nieuwe plannen 😊Dankjewel!

      Delete
  2. Hé wat goed! Mooi hoor! Jullie gaan vast en zeker een geweldige tijd tegemoet! Heel veel succes (en sterkte) met alles. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankjewel Chantal! Leuk je reactie. We hopen het ook van harte :)

      Delete
  3. Heel mooi dat we jullie mogen en kunnen volgen op jullie reis in het leven en de verhuizing naar het buitenland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leuk dat je hier mee komt kijken/lezen :) Dankjewel!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts